Discrete structures is taught by Prof. Vladlen Koltun.
- Cultivate clear thinking and creative problem solving.
- Thoroughly train in the construction and understanding of mathematical proofs. Exercise common mathematical arguments and proof strategies.
- Cultivate a sense of familiarity and ease in working with mathematical notation and common concepts in discrete mathematics.
- Teach the basic results in number theory, logic, combinatorics, and graph theory.
- Thoroughly prepare for the mathematical aspects of other computer science courses at Stanford, including CS 121, 143, 145, 154, 156, 157, and 161.