Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are more than 600 student organizations at Stanford. Student groups receive funding, event venues, and official endorsement from the university. Their formation and activity are overseen by the Office of Student Activities, which provides a list of all currently registered groups is available through MyGroups.
Types of OrganizationsEdit
There are three distinct types of student groups: Voluntary Student Organizations (VSOs), Fraternities and Sororities, and House Governments. These different types of organizations must meet different criteria because of the nature of their activities. VSOs comprise the vast majority of student groups on campus.
Registering a GroupEdit
In order for a group to be approved, it must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complement the University's mission.
- Have a clear purpose.
- Demonstrate an unmet need that is not duplicated by another student group or campus department.
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws.
- Demonstrate sustainability for at least a two year period.
- Involve activities that do not create undue risk or liability to the University.
- Have a separate President, Financial Officer and Calendar Administrator.
- Upon request, groups submit budgets and other information based on the type and complexity of the organization.
- Create a name that clearly represents the function of the student group.
Deadlines for RegistrationEdit
- Fall Quarter (to be listed in the Directory) October 14, 2006 (already past)
- Fall Quarter (the first month) October 30, 2006 (already past)
- Winter Quarter (the first two weeks) January 20, 2007 (already past)
- Spring Quarter (the first two weeks) April 14, 2007 (already past)